Do you ever just get so many ideas going that there is no way to realistically even get to all of them?! I do that ALL the time! It actually drives me crazy! Because I get so excited about all of the ideas, then realize I have no time to do them and that before I decide to build my own pergola I should probably fold the laundry or finish the vacuuming I started yesterday! Ah – it is such a blessing and a curse to have a mind filled with ideas. I thought it might be fun for me to post some of the ones that keep coming up in my mind and that I really would love to get to! (When I finish the dishes, ha!)
- Put posts on the corners of my deck and put up string lights! It would feel so dreamy out there, and I love evenings outside, this would make them even better!
- Paint my house. The inside of our house is mostly painted but we’ve never done anything with the kitchen and I am realllllly wanting a fresh coat of paint in here! Also, earlier this summer I painted some window boxes on the front of our house black, and I’m pretty sure I want to paint the outside window trims black too! I imagine it would look so great with my dreamy patio lights!
- Make a pin board. Okay, this one I am actually making a bit of progress on! With Theodore in our lives now I take more pictures than ever and I want to put them all up somewhere but with as quickly as he is growing, and as many pictures as I take of all this growing, I want to be able to change them out easily. In comes my DIY pottery barn copy cat pin board. I have this giant frame (literally like 4ft x 5 ft) that my mom and I got at an art store for $5 years ago because it is cracked and I’ve never had a perfect use for it. Until now, of course! I ordered cork on amazon and it came in much thinner than I anticipated so I’m thinking I will put some foam board or something behind it for thickness, but then I want to cover it with linen and put it in the frame! Cover it with pictures of my handsome little buddy and I will be so happy with it!
- Refinish a dresser. Thinking of maybe trying some Pinterest Annie Sloan chalk paint ideas??
- Wood counter top over my washer and dryer. I found a post someone did where they made this gorgeous wooden counter for their laundry room and it was totally doable DIY! I am not terribly handy, but love to make things, so simple and good instructions are always great for me!
- Cut flower garden. I know it’s way too late in the season this year to do this one, but maybe I’ll shoot for it next year! I read this amazing, gorgeous, inspiring book by Floret Farms on how to plant flowers for cutting and how to arrange them for stunning bouquets. Down the road I would love to be able to have fresh flowers from my own garden!
Well that’s it for today. Now I’m off to finish cleaning up the house to enjoy a weekend “off” with my loves enjoying the 4th of July! Have a great weekend!